Reliable perimeter protection
In a garage
At a museum
In a pet-friendly apartment
Proprietary optical technology
Rapid reaction to threats
Reliable radio communication
QR code for
SmartBracket mount for quick set up
Mobile app for configuring and testing
Two-way communication between devices
Operating frequencies — 868.0-868.6 MHz
Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW
Block encryption based on AES algorithm
Detector polling period — 12−300 s
Learn more about Jeweller
SmartBracket mounting panel
CR123A batteries (pre-installed)
Security curtain motion sensors for alarm
An electronic device that responds to the movement of a person and animals is called a motion sensor or a presence detector. When an object appears within the control radius of the sensor, the device reacts with several automated actions depending on the settings. The presence sensor acts as an electrical switch for a light or a siren and functions without mechanical action. Motion sensors are used in apartments, porches, residential buildings, shops, industrial areas and offices.
Benefits of installing curtain motion detectors indoors
Installing a response sensor allows users to:
- Significantly reduce energy costs.
- Turn on the light without touching the switch, but only by reacting to movement.
- Extend the life of lighting fixtures, thanks to rational consumption.
- Turn on the security alarm system and scare off the intruder.
The principle of operation of curtain motion sensors and equipment features
The LED Motion Detector detects an object in motion and sends an alarm to the relay. The circuit closes, and the light or siren turns on. The sensor of the device works at any time of the day. With a special toggle switch, the user can set the threshold for the motion sensor: from 3 to 2000 Lx.
There are models of motion sensors triggered at specific values of electromagnetic field fluctuations. Turning on the alarm or lighting occurs with a predetermined shutter speed.
Power type of motion sensors curtain
Depending on the type of power supply, presence detectors are divided into:
- Wired motion sensors — work from a network of 220 watts. Power for such devices is supplied through wires, so it is worth laying wired detectors into the interior at the design stage.
- Wireless motion detectors — run on batteries. Installation of this type of device occurs without harm to the repair.
Maximum device power
Before buying a motion sensor, users should determine the number of lighting fixtures to connect to the system and their power consumption. Based on these data, users need to calculate the connected power, ranging from 60 to 2200 watts.
Types of presence curtain detectors
The type of motion sensor is determined by the conditions of use, the principle of operation, the activation method, and the type of installation.
Curtain motion sensors according to operating conditions
- Perimetric or street motion sensors are used most often for security alarm systems. The device is mounted along the perimeter of the protected area. Presence detectors detect the movement of objects within a given range.
- Peripheral presence detectors are mounted on the outer walls of buildings or fences. The device recognizes an object in motion if it violates the established boundaries of the motion sensor.
- Internal presence sensors are used in burglar alarm and lighting systems. The device protects against unauthorized entry into the premises. They have the same efficiency parameters as street motion detectors.
Curtain motion sensors according to the principle of operation
- Ultrasonic motion sensors check the area using ultrasound at a frequency not recognized by human hearing. When an object moves within the field of action of the presence detector, the frequency of the reflected signal changes, and the device turns on the light or alarm.
- Microwave motion sensors for alarms are triggered when the radiofrequency field changes. First, the device emits high-frequency radio waves. If an object in the protected area moves, the radio frequency field of the reflected waves changes, and the detector turns on the alarm or lighting.
- Infrared presence sensors react to the movement of living objects that radiate heat. In winter, outdoor infrared sensors may not work because the temperature of the clothes does not differ much from the ambient temperature.
- Active motion detectors for alarms are equipped with an emitter and a receiver that produce two or more infrared beams when working together. These beams continuously scan the space, and if an object in motion appears in the protected area, the beams are interrupted, and the device sends an alarm signal.
- Passive motion sensors, unlike the previous type, work without a transmitter. The device responds to the infrared radiation of an object in the field of view. The detectors do not emit radiation but only perceive the thermal rays of a living being. Devices are often used to guard objects and open doors in shops.
Presence curtain detectors by type of operation
- Thermal motion sensors — devices respond to changes in the temperature of the scanned area. Suppose an animal or a person appears on the territory, the electrical potential of the sensor changes. As a result, a relay is activated, which triggers the switching on of the light or the burglar alarm response.
- Acoustic presence detectors are the kind of sensors that respond to air vibrations. The device analyzes the sound wave and compares it with silence parameters. The speed and amplitude of sound also matter. Further, the relay receives the command, resulting in the lighting or burglar alarm being turned on.
- Oscillatory presence sensors — the device responds to changes in the characteristics of the magnetic field in the controlled area. When a metal object moves, the oscillation amplitude of the generator changes. The generated eddy currents trigger the signal, activating the presence detector.
Presence curtain detectors by mounting type
- Ceiling — motion detectors that are mounted on the ceiling or slabs. Such sensors are suitable for the maximum possible coverage of the controlled area. The range of this type of device is 360 degrees. Ceiling motion sensors are used for lighting control and in burglar alarms.
- Wall motion sensors — a device with a narrower viewing angle than the previous detector type. Wall-mounted motion sensors are mounted on vertical surfaces, often in flights of stairs. The range of the detector is most often eight meters. The viewing angle of the device is 100 degrees.
- Corner presence detectors — mounted in the corners of rooms. There are options for corner sensors for internal and external buildings when users need to control the entrance to the territory or part of the building.
- Multipurpose motion sensors — installation can be wall or ceiling. Most often, in the kit, there are fasteners for mounting on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Narrow field of view internal wireless motion detector Ajax MotionProtect Curtain
The Ajax MotionProtect Curtain sensor creates an invisible curtain that controls windows, doors, and individual zones. The wireless motion sensor allows users to detect an attempted intrusion into a guarded area.
The motion sensor notices intruders at a distance of up to 15 meters immediately when they appear in the detection field of the device. The wireless presence detector uses two PIR sensors at the same time. This allows the user to detect slow, creeping movement and fast running.
An optical system has been developed for the Ajax MotionProtect Curtain wireless motion sensor consisting of a multifaceted mirror and two IR sensors. Thanks to the operation of such a system, the wireless curtain detector receives twice as much information about the current situation in the protected area and immediately responds to the appearance of a person.
Communication with the hub alarm control panel, the MotionProtect Curtain wireless motion sensor supports a distance of up to 1700 meters in the absence of obstacles. The wireless sensor’s information with the alarm central is protected by encryption thanks to the Jeweler two-way radio protocol. When jamming is attempted, or in the event of interference, the security system switches to a free radiofrequency. It notifies users and the security company if the security system is connected to the security console.
Installation and mounting of the Ajax MotionProtect Curtain wireless motion sensor
The MotionProtect Curtain wireless motion detector is connected via the Ajax mobile app to the security system. The user or installer scans the QR code on the device case, adds the sensor to the room, gives the device a name, and begins installation, which does not require disassembling the sensor case on the SmartBracket mount.