Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Big magnet — 2 cm
Tilt: more than 5°
Two-way communication between devices
Radio frequency bands:
866.0 – 866.5 MHz
868.0 – 868.6 MHz
868.7 – 869.2 MHz
905.0 – 926.5 MHz
915.85 – 926.5 MHz
921.0 – 922.0 MHz
(depends on the region of sale)
Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW
Block encryption based on AES algorithm
Detector polling period — 12−300 s
Learn more about Jeweller
Height: 90 mm
SmartBracket mounting panel
CR123A battery (pre-installed)
Wireless opening sensor with the shock and tilt sensor Ajax DoorProtect Plus
An opening detector is a device that can detect the opening and closing of windows, doors, hatches, etc. Opening sensors are used in security systems to prevent intrusions and implement automated room control scenarios in smart homes.
The design of the sensor for opening windows and doors
The alarm opening detector consists of the sensor itself and the magnet. The detector’s operation is based on a device, the contacts of which are closed in a calm state and open under the influence of a magnetic field.
The opening detector is mounted on the window frame or door jamb, and the magnet is mounted on the sash. When at rest, the magnet and sensor are placed side by side so that the detector is within the range of the magnetic field. When the object on which the sensor is mounted is opened, the magnet moves away from the detector. The action of the magnetic field becomes weak, the contact in the sensor opens, and the sensor is activated. If the door or window is closed, the magnet will continue to react on the opening detector, and it will work again.
Connecting the opening sensor to other devices
Depending on the connection of the opening detector to additional devices, the alarm signal can be received as follows:
- Turning on or off a light or other device.
- Siren activation.
- Alert users of the security system with notifications.
The controller receives the sensor signal about opening or closing the door, and it also gives commands to other devices, depending on the settings. The settings for the interaction of signalling devices are different in console security systems. In an alarm system installed by a security company (private or public), the alarm is sent to the security console, which notifies the alarm user.
In a self-installed system, the user configures the interaction of sensors individually.
Using opening sensors for signalling
Window and door opening detectors control the premises and prevent intrusions into the protected space.
The opening sensor as part of the console security system can automatically send an alarm signal to the dispatch console, as a result of which, if necessary, the security company sends a response team to the place of operation. Connection to the security console is always optional. When the alarm opening sensor detects the door’s opening in the armed mode, it can activate the siren and the surveillance camera.
After the opening sensor is triggered, the system can send a notification to the system’s users — an SMS or a push message, depending on the settings.
To control or care for loved ones
It is common to use opening detectors as an alarm for the care of the elderly, especially those with memory impairments, in social institutions or at home if they live independently despite their age and signs of the disorder, or to monitor children.
For example, opening sensors for signalling are mounted on:
- Front door — the system user receives a notification when a person leaves the house and returns.
- On interior doors, if there is a need to monitor individual room areas.
- On a cupboard or refrigerator with food to ensure the person has eaten.
- At the place where medicines are stored, ensure that the person has taken the medication, etc.
Ajax DoorProtect Plus wireless opening sensor for burglar alarms
The Ajax DoorProtect Plus wireless alarm opening detector is equipped with a shock and tilt sensor. A wireless device is used to detect the opening of windows, doors, etc.
The sensor is activated when the angle of inclination changes, when opened or when struck. The sensitivity level of the opening detector is adjustable. An external wired detector can be connected to the DoorProtect Plus wireless opening sensor for installation on metal hatches or gates, using an external terminal with an NC contact type.
The wireless opening detector consists of a block with a reed switch and a magnet. The sensor is equipped with two magnets for different types of installation — a big magnet for parallel mounting and a small one for perpendicular mounting.
The principle of operation of the wireless opening detector Ajax DoorProtect Plus with the shock and tilt sensor
The principle of operation of a wireless opening detector is based on the properties of a reed switch. This part can become a conductor under the influence of a magnetic field. In a state of calm, the block with the reed switch and the magnet are closed. When opening the door or window on which the detector is installed, the magnet moves away from the reed switch, and it ceases to conduct current after opening the contacts. When a door or window is closed, reverse processes occur. The connections close, and the reed switch begins to conduct current when the magnet approaches. The opening sensor is triggered in both the first and second cases and sends an alarm signal to the alarm control panel.
An English reed switch is installed in the detector, which works out more than a million operations and does not stick. The inclination sensor in the opening sensor detects a deviation of the device in the vertical plane by more than 5°.
DoorProtect Plus wireless detector is mounted on any windows, including roof windows. The sensor allows users to arm the security system even when the windows are open for ventilation (users must disable the magnetic sensor in the settings).
A wireless radio communication system provides the security of the alarm against hacking attempts by intruders with protection against jamming and signal encryption. The sensor’s communication system allows it to operate within several floors of a building or up to 1200 m away from the control panel, providing no obstructions.
The power of the device’s magnet will be enough to mount detector modules with a mixture of up to 2 cm. This wireless opening sensor is used to protect both residential and industrial premises.
The DoorProtect Plus alarm opening sensor works with the Ajax security system control panel; connection to third-party security systems via uartBridge or ocBridge Plus modules are not provided.
Features of the DoorProtect Plus opening sensor
- The sensor is mounted without harm to the repair on the SmartBracket mount. Installation does not require disassembly of the wireless device case.
- The wireless opening sensor for signalling transmits test signals to the Ajax control panel. The polling period of the detectors is adjusted individually. When attempting to dismantle or damage the device, the central alarm panel will immediately alarm users.
The information transmitted by the opening sensor is protected from interception and spoofing attempts.
- The opening sensor regularly sends a signal about the battery status to the central panel to check if the alarm is working. Thanks to this principle of operation, the user will know in time about the need to replace the battery of the wireless opening sensor.
Thanks to the energy-saving algorithm, the sensor works for up to 5 years without replacing the pre-installed battery.
- The signal transmission power is adjusted according to the distance of the opening sensor to the central unit, which saves battery power.
- Two magnets are provided with the opening sensor for perpendicularly or parallel mounting devices.
- It is possible to adjust the sensitivity to impacts at three levels, and the threshold of the tilt sensor is more than 5 ° — the option to skip the first strike to avoid false positives.
- The case of the wireless opening sensor is protected from opening by a tamper, which is activated when an attempt is made to damage or dismantle the device and inform users about it.