Burglar alarm sensors to protect the premises from intrusion
Security sensors are used as part of the security system to protect the premises from intrusions and prevent theft or damage to property. Motion sensors are one of the most common devices to safeguard premises from intruders. Also, glass break sensors are used to protect the premises. The second type helps to identify burglary through space windows.
Security presence sensors
A motion sensor is a device that detects the movement of a person in a guarded room and controls the situation. Once activated, the motion sensor transmits an alarm signal to the alarm control panel, which informs users of the incident or turns on the sirens.
Principles of operation of motion sensors
Presence sensors analyze environmental waves of various types: radio waves, acoustic and optical. The type of sensor depends on the kind of radiation that the motion sensor uses, and they are as follows:
- IR (infrared) motion sensors;
- and a type that uses radio waves — tomographic motion sensors.
The installation of these types of motion sensors does not exclude false alarms of devices, so some technologies are often combined in one device (for example, ultrasonic and infrared). Also, some manufacturers equip the sensor with technologies with which you can avoid false positives, for example, temperature compensation, immunity to animals, and the ability to adjust the sensor settings.
Another common type of security sensor in the security system is a glass break sensor.
Glass break detectors for burglar alarms
Glass break sensors are installed inside the facility under guard. The primary function of the glass break sensor for alarm is to notify the owners of the premises after the sound of broken glass is detected.
How glass break sensors work
The principle of operation of glass break detectors depends on the type of device. There are several of them:
- The acoustic glass-break sensor picks up sound waves at the level of the glass break. The mechanical circuit associated with the detector amplifies and analyzes the received signal.
- The piezoelectric glass break sensor is characterized by high response accuracy and captures the web vibration at the level of mechanical impact at the moment of impact.
- An electromechanical glass break sensor detects a violation of the integrity of the web by mechanical action. A characteristic oscillation appears when the glass breaks and the electrical contacts open.
Security alarm glass break sensors are mounted on the walls or ceiling of the room where the window is located.
It is possible to install separate motion and glass break sensors as independent devices. But it is also worth paying attention to the combined devices.
Wired motion and glass break detector Ajax CombiProtect Fibra
Ajax CombiProtect Fibra combined wired motion and glass break detector is designed for indoor installation. The device helps prevent unauthorized intrusions and property damage.
By installing Ajax security system devices together with a combined motion and glass break detector, you can ensure reliable alarm operation, which eventually scales up to full-fledged protection of the premises with additional devices.
The principle of operation of the combined motion and glass break sensor
The wired motion and glass break sensor CombiProtect transmits an incident signal (when movement or broken glass is detected) to the alarm control panel. The control panel, in turn, informs users and the security company about the alarm activates automation scripts and turns on the connected sirens.
Each event recorded by the CombiProtect Fibra wired sensor is stored in the notification feed in the Ajax application. The owner of the premises knows precisely where the fact of glass breaking or the presence of an outsider was detected, thanks to the targeting of Ajax sensors.
How motion detector works
The digital algorithm of the combined SmartDetect sensor eliminates false alarms, which protects against unnecessary patrol calls and worrying without reason.
Thanks to the built-in infrared sensor in the CombiProtect Fibra wired sensor, the device will detect the movement of objects even in a room with a temperature close to human body temperature.
In the armed mode, the wired motion sensor reads the signal of the IR sensor. When CombiProtect Fibra detects movement, it transmits an alarm signal to the alarm control panel and activates the LED indicator (if the indication is enabled).
How the glass break sensor works in CombiProtect Fibra
The CombiProtect wired combined sensor has an electret microphone that detects glass breakage in the controlled area. For 1.5 seconds, the detector detects a low-frequency (deaf) sound of impact, after which — high-frequency (voiced) sounds from the glass fragments.
Ajax CombiProtect Fibra works with a digital algorithm to screen out false alarms and detect the sound of broken glass with a two-factor test.
Information transfer protocol Fibra
The two-way Fibra protocol is used for reliable communication between the CombiProtect combination sensor and the control panel. Alarms and events are delivered thanks instantly to the unique connection method, even if 100 devices are connected to the alarm.
The Fibra wired protocol encrypts messages and verifies every communication session to prevent device tampering and tampering. The operability of the system’s sensors and the control panel is checked by regular polls every 12-300 seconds (the frequency is adjustable) in real-time in the Ajax application.
Features of the combined motion and glass break detector Ajax CombiProtect Fibra
CombiProtect Fibra, a wired combined motion and glass break detector, has the following advantages:
- The wired detector sends an alarm to the control panel immediately after detection via the secure Fibra protocol. The communication range of the sensor with the control panel is up to 2 km (when using a U/UTP cat. with five twisted-pair cables for connection).
- The CombiProtect Fibra combined sensor is equipped with an infrared motion detection sensor and an electret microphone that captures the sound of broken glass in an armed room.
- There are three levels of manual adjustment of the motion sensor’s sensitivity and three levels of sensitivity of the microphone, which picks up sounds.
- The wired sensor is equipped with a tamper for opening the case and detaching from the fasteners. If an intruder tries to dismantle the device, the security system user will be instantly notified.
- The Ajax CombiProtect Fibra wired motion and glass break detector meets the requirements of Grade 2. The security device is ready to resist even experienced criminals with professional hacking equipment.
- Ajax alarm security can be connected to the security console of a specialized organization (security companies accept only certified security systems for the monitoring console — Ajax is one of them).
Installing and configuring a wired combined motion sensor
The wired combined motion and glass break detector CombiProtect Fibra, like other devices of the Fibra line, is installed and configured only by accredited Ajax partners.
Specialists of security and installation companies will help with choosing the best place for installing a combined sensor, taking into account vulnerabilities.