Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Vertical — 80°
Height — up to 50 cm
Two-way communication between devices
Radio frequency bands:
866.0 – 866.5 MHz
868.0 – 868.6 MHz
868.7 – 869.2 MHz
905.0 – 926.5 MHz
915.85 – 926.5 MHz
921.0 – 922.0 MHz
(depends on the region of sale)
Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW
Block encryption based on AES algorithm
Detector polling period — 12−300 s
Learn more about Jeweller
SmartBracket mounting panel
CR123A battery (pre-installed)
What is a motion sensor — types of security sensors and how to chooseThe motion sensor is a compact device, part of the security alarm system, detecting and recording movement in the protected area. Security motion detectors are installed in public buildings, residential buildings, apartments, offices, etc. The most common is a security motion sensor, which detects changes in the heat flux emitted by the human body when crossing protected areas.
Types of security motion sensors
- Infrared motion detectors (IR)
- Ultrasonic motion sensors (US)
- Microwave motion sensors
- Combined motion sensors
Infrared (IR) motion sensors. How an infrared motion sensor worksThe principle of operation of infrared motion sensors is to analyze and detect changes in the thermal radiation of surrounding objects. Each object with a temperature emits infrared heat. A system of lenses or uniquely concave segmented mirrors enters a sensitive sensor inside the security motion detector, which registers changes. During the movement of an object, detectors' IR radiation by various lenses of the system is alternately focused on the sensor (the number of lenses usually varies from twenty to sixty). This is a signal to perform the function laid down in the sensor. The sensitivity of the motion detector depends on the number of lenses in its system, the more lenses – the higher the sensitivity. Also, the larger the surface area of the lens system, the wider the field of view of the motion sensor.
Ultrasonic (US) motion sensors. The principle of their actionAn ultrasonic sensor examines the surrounding space with the sound waves using the ultrasound – a frequency beyond the human ear's hearing range. The ultrasonic sensor launches the function embedded in it due to detecting a change in the frequency of the reflected signal after fixing the movement of objects.
How an ultrasonic motion sensor worksA sound wave generator is located inside the ultrasonic motion sensor. The sound wave frequency is usually 20-60 kHz, depending on the manufacturer and model, which are emitted in the range of the sensor and returned to the receiver after being reflected from the surrounding objects. When a moving object appears in the sensor's field of view, the wave's frequency is reflected from the object changes (Doppler effect). The sensor receiver records the action from which a signal is received to perform the function embedded in the ultrasonic motion sensor. This can be the switching on of the lighting or the reaction of the security system. Ultrasonic security motion detectors are used in residential premises, especially in long corridors, stairs, etc. Also, ultrasonic motion detectors are widely used in the automotive industry: in automatic parking systems and monitoring systems for "blind" zones.
How a microwave motion sensor worksThe operation of an ultrasonic motion sensor is based on the interaction of microwave waves with a material and the use of the Doppler effect – a change in the frequency of a wave that is reflected from moving objects. The microwave sensor operates in the microwave range, and its wavelength ranges from one millimetre to one meter. The microwave sensor registers a moving conductive object in the detection zone, after which a signal is sent to perform the function built into the sensor.
Combined motion sensors. The principle of their actionCombined motion detectors are using several motion detection technologies such as infrared and microwave. If you need the most accurate determination of movements in the sensor range, this device is suitable for use. Parallel working motion detection channels make such a sensor productive because they complement each other, replacing the disadvantages of some technologies with the advantages of others. Most commonly, there are two types of sensors: infrared and microwave.
Infrared motion detector Ajax MotionProtectMotionProtect is a wireless indoor motion detector that detects unauthorized intrusion into a protected facility.
Features of the Ajax MotionProtect detector
- The sensor is installed without damaging the interior.
- Ajax MotionProtect wireless motion detectors use the Smart Detect software algorithm, which, when motion is detected, analyzes the waveform of the infrared sensor and compares it with the values typical for the movement of people.
- The "always active" mode is used in rooms requiring round-the-clock monitoring. The user will be notified of a traffic violation, regardless of whether the system is armed or not.
- The Ajax MotionProtect radio motion detector allows you to test essential parameters. For example, signal strength test, detection area test and signal fading test. This test enables the sensor to be installed in a location with the best signal strength.
- The sensor regularly transmits test signals to the central unit, and the polling period of the sensors can be adjusted at the user's discretion. If the sensor is attempted to be stolen or broken, the central security system will immediately know about it and issue an alarm. To reliably monitor the operation of the alarm, the sensor regularly transmits a signal about the discharge of its battery to the central unit. The user will be promptly notified of the need to replace the battery in the sensor.
- The information transmitted by the sensor is protected from interception and substitution attempts. The sensor case is protected against opening by a tamper.
- The maximum distance between the sensor and the central unit is 2000 m in line of a sight.
- The sensor detects movement at a distance of up to 12 m. The horizontal viewing angle is 88.5°.
- The sensor does not respond to accidental movements of inanimate objects.
- The sensitivity of the sensor is adjustable. You can choose the optimal value based on the pet's size.
- Depending on the distance to the central unit, the adaptive transmission power control allows less battery power consumption.
- Digital temperature compensation ensures high sensitivity of the sensor even in rooms where the temperature is close to the human body.
- Thanks to a special energy-saving algorithm, the sensor operates on a CR123A battery for up to 7 years.
- The sensor works with the Ajax ocBridge wireless signal receiver.