Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Vertical — 80°
Height — up to 50 cm
Two-way communication between devices
Radio frequency bands:
866.0 – 866.5 MHz
868.0 – 868.6 MHz
868.7 – 869.2 MHz
905.0 – 926.5 MHz
915.85 – 926.5 MHz
921.0 – 922.0 MHz
(depends on the region of sale)
Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW
Block encryption based on AES algorithm
Detector polling period — 12−300 s
Learn more about Jeweller
SmartBracket mounting panel
CR123A battery (pre-installed)
Motion sensor for security alarm Ajax MotionProtect Plus with microwave sensor
The presence detector is often installed to turn on the lighting when a person enters the controlled area and turn it off when they leave. The device helps to save electricity and eliminates the need to turn on the light mechanically.
Motion sensors are also used for installation in burglar alarm systems. The device detects intruders’ attempts to enter the premises. In addition, motion sensors are also used on production lines to automate the execution of technological tasks.
Types of presence detectors
Presence sensors are distinguished by the principle of operation on which their accuracy of the process and the features of use and installation depend. The price of motion sensors depends on the design and type of element used.
Contact motion sensors for signalling
The essence of this type of motion sensor is to install a reed switch on the door. A reed switch (sealed contact) is a switch that work when a magnetic field appears. When a person opens the door and enters the room, the contacts will close. The alarm control panel will receive the incident signal, and the lighting or siren will be activated.
Infrared motion detectors
Infrared motion sensors are triggered by thermal radiation and react to changes in the temperature in the room. When an object enters the field of view of such a detector, it will respond to the thermal radiation that comes from the body. A PIR sensor is used as a sensitive element of the device, which creates an electric field proportional to thermal radiation.
Ultrasonic presence sensors
The ultrasonic motion sensor operates at high frequencies from 20 kHz to 60 kHz. The negative feature of this sensor is its irritation with the frequencies of animals that are sensitive to them.
Ultrasonic presence sensors work on the Doppler effect. The sensor wave reflected from the moving object is returned and received by the receiver. In this case, the frequency of the wave changes slightly. This is detected, and the detector sends a signal to the control panel.
Photosensors or laser motion sensors
Laser motion sensors have an emitter, an infrared LED, and a receiver, a photodiode of the same spectrum. This is a simple detector, the implementation of which is possible in two versions:
- The emitter and the photodiode are installed next to each other. When the object is in the detector’s coverage area, its radiation is reflected and falls on the photodiode. Such a device is also called an obstacle sensor and is often used in robotics.
- The photodiode and the emitter are installed in the protected area opposite each other. When an object passes through it, it obscures the radiation, and it does not reach the receiver, after which the motion sensor is triggered, and the relay is turned on — used in alarm systems.
Microwave presence detector
The microwave motion sensor consists of a transmitter and a receiver. The first generates high-frequency signals, and the second receives them. When an object passes nearby, the frequency changes. When the frequency changes, the signal is amplified and transmitted to the alarm relay, and the load is turned on. Microwave sensors are susceptible and allow you to detect movements even behind a door or behind glass. They react even to the most accurate movements and are often used in burglar alarm systems.
The use of motion detectors helps save energy and resources for lighting devices. This is a step towards the smart home and routine automation.
Also, a motion sensor is an indispensable element of a security system that will help prevent intrusion into a protected area, theft and damage to property, respectively.
Presence detector with microwave sensor Ajax MotionProtect Plus
Ajax MotionProtect Plus is a wireless presence detector with a microwave sensor that reports the first signs of an intrusion into a protected area. The device is installed both in private premises and in public places. The motion sensor ignores air currents from fireplaces and air conditioners, as well as reflections and light.
The motion sensor detects a person by temperature differences with background thermal radiation. With the help of a microwave sensor, false alarms are eliminated even due to complex interference.
The principle of operation of the Ajax MotionProtect Plus wireless motion sensor
The Ajax MotionProtect Plus, a wireless motion detector with RF signal interference scanning, detects human movement in a protected area. The motion sensor detects a person’s appearance in the room from the first seconds. Still, it ignores drafts, the movements of pets weighing up to 20 kilograms, and the air conditioner’s operation. RF scanning filters interference that creates thermal radiation in combination with the movement of curtains and glare. The sensitivity of the motion detector is adjustable by the user individually.
The Ajax MotionProtect Plus wireless motion sensor is equipped with a radio communication system that uses data protection against forgery and encryption of transmitted messages. This ensures that the signalling is protected from hacking attempts by intruders. In addition, the wireless detector has a highly reliable communication system that allows it to operate within several floors of a building or up to 1200 m away from the central alarm unit, provided there are no obstructions.
Installation and installation of the motion sensor Ajax MotionProtect Plus
One of the advantages of the Ajax MotionProtect Plus wireless motion sensor is its convenient installation on a smart mount. To install the device, you do not need to disassemble the body of the motion sensor and spoil the interior by laying wires.
The device’s battery is already installed and will ensure the operation of the wireless motion sensor for up to five years.
Features of the wireless motion sensor
- The wireless motion sensor is designed to work in rooms with air conditioning and a fireplace. The device recognizes and ignores drafts, movement of curtains, light and reflections.
- Convenient installation on the SmartBracket mount without disassembling the case and connection to the security system via a QR code. The pre-installed battery lasts up to 5 years without replacement.
- Ability to integrate into a third-party security system through Ajax modules (uartBridge and ocBridge/ocBridge Plus).
- The wireless motion sensor works at a distance of up to 1200 meters from the central security system without obstacles. The motion detection range of the sensors is up to 12 m. three levels of sensitivity are available, which the user adjusts independently.
- The SmartMotion detection algorithm does not react to pets weighing less than 20 kg, eliminating frequent false alarms.
- A tamper protects the case of the device from forgery and opening.
- Pings check the performance of the wireless motion sensor with a frequency of 12 seconds, and in the event of a sensor failure, the user will be instantly aware.