Motion sensors for burglar alarms
Motion sensors as part of a burglar alarm system help protect the perimeter from intrusion and damage to property in residential buildings, offices, public places, etc.
The principle of operation of the security motion sensor
The work of the motion sensor of the security system is to fix the infrared sensor of thermal radiation that comes from a person. When the detector detects an object in motion, the Fresnel lens transmits a signal to the photocell, and the circuit is completed.
The motion sensor sends an alarm signal to the alarm central to confirm the incident, which informs the users of the system and activates the detectors.
Presence sensors are installed outdoors and indoors, depending on the type of device.
Some motion detectors are equipped with cameras to acknowledge alarms. With the help of sensors with a photo or video verification, false alarms can be avoided.
How to choose a motion sensor for an alarm
Motion sensors differ in functionality and other criteria. For the device’s correct operation, it is essential to precisely choose the most suitable type for the room and working conditions. There are several selection criteria that are needed to pay attention to first of all:
- Select the installation location of the motion detector.
It is essential to decide whether the sensor will be installed outdoors or indoors and choose an outdoor or indoor device.
- Then you need to choose a method for connecting the security device to the network.
There are wired and wireless models of alarm detectors. Wireless motion sensors are easy to install as they do not require wiring. Communication in these devices is maintained through a radio channel. Wired motion sensors should be laid at the design stage. This security sensor is often used in rooms with concrete or metal partitions.
- Immune to animals and false alarms is an essential selection criterion since an alarm filter in the motion sensor will prevent unnecessary patrol calls and protect you from unnecessary worries.
Wired motion detector with photo confirmation of alarms MotiomCam Fibra
Wired motion sensor with photo confirmation of alarms MotiomCam Fibra is used to control the situation inside the premises. The device helps prevent breaking into the territory under protection, theft or damage to property.
The sensor is compatible with the Hub Hybrid control panel. Work with other control panels, integration modules and signal repeaters is not provided.
The principle of operation of a wired motion sensor with camera — MotionCam Fibra
The MotionCam Fibra wired motion sensor with alarms photo-verification works as part of the Ajax alarm system and exchanges information with the control panel using the secure Fibra protocol. The communication range is up to 2 kilometres when connected via a U/UTP cat. 5 twisted-pair cables.
The wired motion sensor detects unauthorized entry into the territory under protection, even in rooms with a temperature close to the temperature of the human body. With support for photo verification of alarms, MotionCam Fibra takes a series of images from the scene to assess the situation and filter out false alarms.
A series of pictures can be played as an animation in the Ajax application or on the security company’s monitoring station. The MotionCam Fibra motion sensor is also equipped with infrared illumination to shoot in the dark.
The wired motion sensor sends an alarm in 0.15 seconds, and photo delivery depends on the speed of the Internet and on the resolution of the pictures (which can be configured individually).
Features of MotionCam Fibra Wired Motion Detector with Photo Alarm Confirmation
The MotionCam Fibra, a wired room security sensor, has several advantages, namely:
- Targeting sensors allow users to see the place where the movement was detected.
- Sending photos from the scene during an alarm, which can be viewed as animation, to assess the situation in dynamics.
- The presence of immunity to animals allows the motion sensor to ignore pets weighing up to 20 kilograms and 50 centimetres tall.
- Temperature compensation, with the help of which a wired motion sensor will detect a threat even in a room with a temperature close to human body temperature.
- Affordable device performance testing — to determine the correct location for mounting a wired motion sensor.
- The presence of a tamper from opening and dismantling. System users will receive an incident message if thieves try to damage the wired motion sensor or remove it from its mount.
Installation and connection of a wired motion sensor with photo-verification of alarms
Before you mount a wired motion sensor on the alarm, you need to choose the optimal place for its installation. Detectors should be sewn into the walls to make it harder for intruders to access. The wires should be hidden.
Before the final installation of the MotionCam Fibra, it is worth testing the detection zone and the Fibra signal level.
The MotionCam Fibra, a wired motion sensor with photo-verification alarms, can only be sold, installed and administered by accredited Ajax partners.