Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Principle of operation
Installation and set up
Two-way communication between devices
Radio frequency bands:
866.0 – 866.5 MHz
868.0 – 868.6 MHz
868.7 – 869.2 MHz
905.0 – 926.5 MHz
915.85 – 926.5 MHz
921.0 – 922.0 MHz
(depends on the region of sale)
Self-adjusting RF output power — up to 20 mW
Block encryption based on AES algorithm
Device polling period — 12−300 s
Learn more about Jeweller
SmartBracket mounting panel
Connector for LED indicator
Two CR123A batteries (pre-installed)
The role of the siren in the security alarm systemA vital element of the burglar alarm is an audible siren — a device that, with its signal, scares off the intruders or draws attention to interference. In this way, theft or damage to property can be prevented by using the alarm siren. One more important function of the siren is connecting an alert about triggering sensors (turning off gas or smoke) or about an alarm button pressing. By attracting attention, users can prevent the danger in time. Sirens are classified according to the specified parameters:
- Installation options — indoor and outdoor;
- Types of the signal transmission — wireless and wired;
- By the presence of a battery — with and without a battery;
- By signal type — sound (pulsating and continuous) and light and sound (combined).
Indoor and outdoor sirensOutdoor alarm sirens are set in private houses, warehouses and offices. The outdoor siren should be mounted at the height of at least 2.5 m and on the front side of the facade. Such an installation requires a complex dismantling of the security device and will open up the siren sound to more neighbors. Most security sirens are suitable for outdoor installation. In apartments, it is not customary to mount a room siren in the entrance or on the house's facade. Here, in most cases, an alarm siren appears next to a security device or even hides inside the case. Compact sirens, despite their size and price, sound loud.
Wireless and wired sirensWireless sirens are prized for their wiring-free installation. The range of wireless sirens is up to 100 m, and, as a rule, additional installation of a signal amplifier is not required for them. The signal strength of the wireless siren is 100-120 dB. The wireless siren can be installed indoors or outdoors. Wired sirens require mandatory cable laying and have a noise level of up to 110 dB. This type of siren can be observed both from the outside and inside of the room.
Sound and light-sound security sirensAn audible siren can scare off a burglar with a loud sound and draw attention to a room where a dangerous situation can happen. The light and sound security device, together with the sound of the siren, also sends a light signal. Since it is not always possible to properly hear where the sound is coming from, a siren with a light indication will indicate the side of a room where the alarm is triggered.
Selecting a siren for the security systemWhen choosing a siren for the security system, you should pay attention to the following additional features:
- Availability of notification of jamming or encryption of communication with the network — in case of interruption of transmission with the control panel, users of the security system will be notified of signal interference.
- The presence of a temperature sensor — supervisory siren operation on temperature sensors.
- Compatibility with textures and types of control panels — new models of sirens can often be connected to the types of common security centres and GSM alarms.
- Tamper protection — the siren's enclosure protection against tampering is essential for the covering. Tamper is a device, the presence of which ensures that when an attempt is made to open the siren, the siren will immediately turn on.
- Support of the two-way communication — all information about the operation of the security system will be available on the central security unit.
- Setting the sound power and duration of the security siren signal — availability to adjust the security system.
- The ability to connect an external LED — allows you to scare off the burglars (in case of detection, for example, at the front door) and always provides a clear understanding of whether the room is on alarm.
- The strength and appearance of the case — anti-vandal protection is crucial as well. Siren cases made of polycarbonate (plastic) or metal are considered durable. Such a coating is able to protect the body of the device from external factors and from intrusion.
The ability to choose the device's colour is not the last moment when choosing security devices, as is the type of security siren in the interior.
Wireless Ajax HomeSiren for alarm systemAjax HomeSiren is intended for indoor installation. The complete set includes a siren, a mounting kit, a connector for connecting an external LED and the instruction. The indoor wireless siren is almost four times smaller than the outdoor one. The dimensions give more opportunities to hide it to make it as difficult as possible for the intruders to find and dismantle it. The Siren is also protected from unauthorized dismantling by tamper, which has already become a standard of the equipment line of Ajax Systems. When an attempt is made to disarm the siren, even if the system is not armed, the user receives a notification on the phone. To enable a wireless siren, the user needs to turn the rear panel of the siren fastening counterclockwise until it is free from the fasteners, open the panel and press the power button until a characteristic click sounds. In this case, the LED located in the upper right corner of the siren will blink green. External power connection is not provided. The wireless siren for the home is entirely ready to be connected to the security system right away. The Ajax HomeSiren connection is carried out in the same way as for other devices — through the Ajax application. The Ajax HomeSiren home siren has an adjustable sound level from 80 to 98 decibels. The colour of the wireless home siren can be black or white.
- Siren alarm time — from 3 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Armed light — the LED on the siren and the external LED will blink when the system is armed.
- Internal siren volume — three levels from 80 to 98 dB.
- The home siren is connected via the Jeweller secure radio protocol to the Hub. The communication range with the smart control panel is up to 2000 m in an open space without external obstacles.
- Ajax Home Siren only works with Ajax hubs and range extenders.