Motion detectors that respond only to real threats
Ajax wireless and wired motion sensors detect intruders from the first steps, whether outdoors or indoors. When an attacker enters the field of view of the PIR sensors, the detector analyzes the body's thermal radiation, making sure that it is a human, and then activates the alarm. It all happens in less than a second. The product line includes both wired and wireless Ajax motion detectors. Depending on the detector type, they can be installed indoors and outdoors.
MotionCam (PhOD) Fibra
DualCurtain Outdoor Jeweller
MotionCam Outdoor Jeweller
Features of Ajax motion detectors
Closed to attackers. Open to pets.
Accuracy in a complex environment
Motion sensors in the security system
In order to protect the premises from intrusions, thefts and damage to property inside, a burglar alarm is used. This is one of the easiest ways to protect a room. Security devices help not only to independently control the situation at the facility, but also to connect to the central monitoring console of the security company.
One of the important elements of a security alarm is a motion sensor. The detector is designed to monitor a certain area in a building and send an alarm when a person is detected in motion.
Types of burglar alarm motion sensors
Security motion sensors are distinguished by the method of attachment: wall-mounted and overhead. How to connect to the alarm control panel: wired and wireless. Wired ones require cabling, while wireless ones use a radio signal to transmit information.
Some motion sensors for the protection of the premises are immune from triggering on pets, for example — the device does not work on the movement of an object whose weight is less than 25 kilograms.
Motion sensors for the security system are divided into 4 types according to the type of operation:
- Infrared motion sensors of the burglar alarm detect changes in thermal radiation from objects in the territory under protection. Objects emit heat, a sensitive sensor behind the segmented mirrors of the device registers this, and the sensor is activated.
A security system that operates on the basis of IR radiation is used indoors and outdoors, since such a motion sensor takes into account only the own temperature of objects. Such a sensor does not emit anything, it only works as a signal receiver, which indicates a high level of safety in its use.
- Ultrasonic motion sensors detect movement after scanning an object guarded by ultrasonic waves. The sensor is equipped with a generator of sound waves, which are reflected from surrounding objects and enter the receiver. The motion detection signal is fixed after changes in the emitted and received waves. An ultrasonic motion sensor is used in rooms with complex architectural features, since it is with the help of such a device that it will be possible to fully control the “blind” zones.
- Microwave motion sensors signal changes in the reflection of radiated electromagnetic waves. When a conductive object in motion appears in the detection zone, an alarm will be triggered. Microwave motion sensor capable of detecting movement behind thin partitions. Such devices stand out for their high accuracy, responding even to minor movements at low speed.
- Combined motion sensors for alarms combine several detection technologies. Such devices for detecting objects most often use a microwave detector and an infrared sensor.
Where are motion sensors used
Motion sensors are used in security systems that are designed to protect residential buildings and apartments, offices, studios, banks, movable property, etc. They help to effectively identify intruders and prevent theft and damage to property.
Motion sensors of the Ajax security system
Ajax wireless and wired motion detectors detect the presence of strangers in a guarded room or territory from the very first steps.
When the sensor detects the movement, it analyzes the thermal radiation of the body and raises an alarm when it is certain that it is a person. All this happens in less than a second. Both wired and wireless devices are available in the Ajax motion sensor product line. Depending on the sensor type, they can be installed indoors and outdoors.
The wired motion detectors for communication with the control panel use Fibra’s digital generation wired technology, which combines the reliability of wires with the flexibility of radio communication.
Wireless motion sensors from Ajax for alarms are protected from hacking by block encryption with a dynamic key. If interference occurs on the radio, the sensors change the frequency, and the security system informs users and the security company about the incident.
Features of Ajax motion sensors for alarm
Ajax motion sensors have the following advantages:
- The temperature compensation of motion sensors helps to accurately recognize a person, even if the temperature in the room or in the protected area is close to 36°C.
- Motion sensors from Ajax do not react to animals thanks to the SmartDetect software algorithm. The technology compares the IR sensor signal with indicators characteristic of human movements.
- Ajax outdoor motion detectors analyze data from multiple infrared sensors using advanced digital algorithms to decide whether to trigger an alarm.
- Ajax motion sensors for alarms are configured and connected to the security system in a mobile application or a PC application. Users of the Ajax security system can manage devices from anywhere in the world.
- The system is protected from sabotage: if an attacker tries to remove the sensor from the mount, users and the security company will receive appropriate notifications.
- The Ajax security system notifies you about alarms and events using push notifications, SMS and calls.
- Thanks to automation scenarios, you can set the lights to turn on, the garage to open, or the doors to lock on a motion sensor alarm.